Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Life Is....




For real. But, I'm pluggin along. Gotta love it.

Ummmmmm....a lot has happened since...December 13th...and since Bandy blogs more than me, I have to step it up goshdaneit.
IIIIIII haaavvveeee doooonnnneeee lots of stuff. Like have a FANTASTIC Christmas. I love winter season until Christmas. Then it's time for summer because it's just too cold.
IIIIII loooovvvveeee vintage clothing. Fun fact. So my NYR (New Years RES) is to stop wearing tshirts all the time and wear more...diverse?...outfits. Because I love them.
And because I've bought WAYYYYY to many lace dresses lately. They need to be worn.
IIIIIIIII looooovvvvveeee music.

And guess who's going to the Parachute ANDDDDDDDDD MAYDAY PARADE CONCERT????!?!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH me.
I'm so excited it's not even funny.

Anywho. I had a great break. First semester ended, I got good grades. Yay. And now second semester has started, which I can honestly say I'm not diggin too much right now. I miss my old seminary class like CRAZY. I learned so much from them and it was definitely my favorite one in high school. My new teacher's cool, but my class is silent. Boo. Oh well, life goes on. The rest of my classes will be sick.

Speaking of church, I invited one of my best friends to come with me and he did. It made me feel good that knowing something I've wanted to happen for a while finally did. It helped that President McKay and Bishop Law were the speakers and they never cease to amaze.

I've been really lucky to have good friends. You know who you are, and I heart ya. :)

Ummmmmmmm...I have to post the lyrics of my current favorite song...did I mention I sewed a scarf today? I'm gonna wear it tomorrow. K cool. (It has lace. Shocking? NO. Just had to throw that in.)

....back to the song. Haha. K. It's called Dismantle.Repair. by Anberlin. :)

One last glance from a taxi cab
Images scar my mind
Four weeks've felt like years
Since your full attention was all mine
The night was young and so were we
Talked about life, God, death, and your family
Didn't want any promises,
Just my undivided honesty, and you said

Oh oh, things are gonna change now for the betterOh oh, things are gonna change, oh, they're gonna change

I am the patron saint of lost causes
A fraction of who I once believed (change)
only a matter of time
Opinions I would try and rewrite
If life had background music playing your song
I've got to be honest, I tried to escape you
But the orchestra plays on, and they sang
Oh oh, things are gonna change now for the betterOh oh, things are gonna change

Hands, like secrets, are the hardest thing to keep from you
Lines and phrases, like knives, your words can cut me through
Dismantle me down (repair)
You dismantle me
You dismantle me

Give me time to prove
Prove I want the rest of yours (prelude)
Call this a prelude to a lifetime of you
It's not that I hang on every word
I hang myself on what you repeat
It's not that I keep hanging on
I'm never letting go

Hands, like secrets, are the hardest thing to keep from you
Lines and phrases, like knives, your words can cut me through
Dismantle me down (repair)
You dismantle me
You dismantle me

Save me from myself
Save me from myself
Help me save me from myself
Save me from myself

Oh oh, things are gonna change now for the better
Oh oh, things are gonna change

Hands, like secrets, are the hardest thing to keep from you
Lines and phrases, like knives, your words can cut me through
Dismantle me down (repair)
You dismantle me
You dismantle me


Basically, I've really had to think lately about who and where I am. I'm becoming a better new me, improving on mistakes and making a good name for myself before I head off to college. I'd like to call it a paradigm shift.

So that sums up the past month. I'm continually workin hard and hoping for the best.

I love it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Do I love this post more than is probably healthy? Yes. That's all.


    Also, wanna sew me a lace scarf too? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete