Either way, I'm blissful.
Friday I had the privilege of attending the world's SICKEST concert in the universe. (Yes I know my last post was about a concert. Sue me.)
Anarbor? Filthy mouths. 2/10
Downtown Fiction? Weiiiirrrrdooos. 4/10
We the Kings? All acoustic set? Travis Clark is a funny, funny man? 12/10. Loved every second of it. My favorite line not in the songs from that concert was a quote that when he said it, it just rang true to me.
"It seems like music is the only thing left in this world that makes (bleeping) sense."
Censor it out of course, and I love that, because it's so true. Music has a way of breaking down the walls I set up and calming me down.
Anyway, last but not least, Mayday Parade came on.
It was honestly beautiful. And quite cathartic for me. After the crap sauce week of all crap sauce weeks, it was nice to end on a good note.
You know how some songs have lines in them that when you hear them, no matter how many times you hear them, they just give you the chills because you can RELATE. Or it is just simple lyrical poetry. Mayday Parade has a way with words, I tell you. I loved the concert.
So in other news, I've thought a lot about life lately. When Maddy basically attacked me when We the Kings played "We'll be a Dream" (our friends' song..) it really hit me. No pun intended. HA.
I'm growing up. This time next year...heck, this time next September, all of my friends are gonna be separated basically. It's caused a lot of stress for me, not going to lie, seeing how we all treat each other now. I've gotten worked up lately because it's seemed kinda weird between all of us...but maybe that's just me reading more into things than I should, or just being an idiot. So I'm sorry if I am. That happens. But I have a confidence that everything will work out a-okay.
Know why? I got my patriarchal blessing. That was such a help to me, especially in these last few weeks. I got the printed copy of my blessing the day I got the letter saying that I hadn't made it into the Ambassador program at USU, which I know was a miracle sent from above. That was rough initially, because I had worked SO HARD. However, I now know that it wasn't what I am supposed to do, and I have to move on. It helped me to see that I'm worth it, and my future is bright, as long as I keep striving to be the best me I can be.
And I'm trying. :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete